Friday, September 25, 2015

Netgear R7500 Kernel Modules for cdc_ether and rndis used by couple of 4G Modem like Hilink

As I`m LTE / 4G user I tried to compile me some more kernel modules which I needed to get my ZTE MF823 Modem connected to my Netgear R7500 Router. The Router is running at the moment the OpenWrt from myopenrouter.com but there isn't much Kernel modules and additional software implemented. Anyway those modules also should work for the official Netgear R7500 Software as they are running there also OpenWrt (old) with the same Kernel Version as the myopenrouter.com version.

For the ZTE Modem above I need some additional modules to get the Modem working with the Router. The modules itself you can find here:




You need to copy them to the router in the folder /lib/modules/3.4.0/
after this you need to change the permission of the files to 644
cd /lib/modules/3.4.0/
chmod 644 usbnet.ko cdc_ether.ko rndis_host.ko

After this wee just need to load the modules which I did in OpenWrt with the Startup in this way:

# Put your custom commands here that should be executed once
# the system init finished. By default this file does nothing.
insmod usbnet
insmod cdc_ether 
insmod rndis_host
exit 0

After this the reboot will load automatically the modules and you change the WAN interface to USB0

And now ... You got internet..... 

1 comment: