Monday, June 8, 2015

Netgear R7500 what you get and what to expect ?

After I using the R7500 now for around 6 Month I can tell that this is a great Router. I was reading a lot of different Reviews and I saw that all complaint about the wireless Performance is very poor for this router to compare to other Routers. But well which FW version they was testing there ? I believe it was just the first FW Version which was available for this router. I`m just running now the Version 1.0.0.92 which is the latest available on the Netgear Page.

The Wireless Performance is working very good with my Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 Adapter where I can copy files to my samba server with around 40 MB/s which is much more than I would expect from my configuration. Also the FW is very stable and I don’t see any wireless drop or reboot of the Router in Router Mode.

The only thinks me still making difficulties is running the Router in AP… When I get the R7500 in AP mode than I have strange timeout/drops to the WAN Ports. When this is the case I cannot open any page or ping any domain. It’s taking around 10 seconds and then its working again fine. Strange but in the next days I will check this issue and will find a way around this.


The Features for the R7500 are maybe not so much like f.e. on the Asus Router, but it has the most important features like VPN, Samba ftp etc. which I need on daily basis. 

1 comment: